One of the things I’m hoping to do with this blog is keep a running list of ideas for kids activities to help me stay busy – and sane – with my little ones. Ran across this today in a Facebook post.
The “I’m Bored Jar” from iMOM is a printable page of ideas to cut up and stick in a jar for the day your kid looks at you and says, “I’m bored.” It is a great start, and I think it would a good idea to think up your own ideas so you could have a greater selection. And if you’re afraid or rewarding boredom (as some parents are) maybe it can just be the “I’m stuck” jar – for ME as a parent.
Also, a great idea from the August 2012 issue of Parenting Magazine: The “Yes” jar. “Every time you say, ‘No, not today,'” write down the activity the kids wanted to do. Stick it in the jar, and every now and then have a “Yes Day” or use those activities as more inspiration to make your time interactive.
- I’m Bored (todaysmama.com)
- Why Are Pinterest Moms Rewarding Whining? (blogher.com)
- Are We Bored Yet? (parentingwithallthepieces.typepad.com)
- Solve Summer Boredom Before it Begins (urbanmoocher.com)
- Are the kiddos bored, already? I may have the solution! (organizingeverest.wordpress.com)